As per requirements relating to GDPR we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our written/website/walk-in/telephone/email visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information once received.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) ZA307974
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including: your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and page views.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering/conducting business with us either by selling/buying/renting(tenant or landlord)/standing as guarantor (including your name, address, landline and/or mobile phone number and email addresses.)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters, tenancy contracts as buyer/seller/landlord/tenant/guarantor including your name, address, landline and/or mobile phone number and email addresses.)
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- Issue tenancy contracts/email updates/chase up emails to all named parties where they are joint and several in their make-up
- Conduct our business as required
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing either freely or to be sold.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser), tenant (prospective tenant) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling/renting
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries outside of the UK/EU which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. In addition, information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping any password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- Confirmation of your identity (a certified copy of your full photo driving license or valid passport along with a utility bill not more than three months old of given home address)
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Should you not wish us to use your personal information for the purposes as stated above to the point we cannot conduct our business then we will delete all items held and will not store them. Accordingly we will not be able to deal with you in the purpose of buying/selling/renting/standing as guarantor.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not/cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated in writing (identity documents may be required to establish your identity so amendments can be made).